[MAGAZINE] DOPE.BOY.MAGIC’S 10 DOPE COMMANDMENTS
CHICAGO CLOTHING BRAND DOPE.BOY.MAGIC SHARE THEIR 10 TIPS FOR SUCCESS IN THE STREETWEAR INDUSTRY. READ ALL ABOUT THEM IN THE NEW ISSUE OF VIPER.
1. REMAIN HUMBLE: No matter how big your brand gets, always act the same as you did when you first started. Nobody likes a “fashion owner snob.”
2. KEEP YOUR IDEAS GUARDED: Streetwear ideas don’t come a dime a dozen, people steal ideas all the time. Don’t talk about it until it’s an actual product ready to sell.
3. SPREAD LOVE TO GET LOVE: sometimes you have to give away FREE product to SELL a lot of product, choose wisely tho.
4. ALWAYS LET THEM SEE YOU IN YOUR STUFF MORE THAN OTHER BRANDS: We not saying if you have a brand you can only wear your brand, but don’t make stuff that you wouldn’t buy at a store if you saw it.
5. PROTECT YOUR STORES.( DON’T SELL TO PEOPLE IN THE SAME AREA): Your money might look good for a short time but it’s not good to sell your product to every store on the block. Choose the stores you want to sell too and keep it limited. You might make more money in the long run if the demand is there.
6. That God damn credit, dead it: Fuck terms, if your product is selling fast tell the customers you need you money NOW
7. TREAT YOUR BUSINESS LIKE FAMILY ITS THE FASTEST WAY TO GROW: Treating my business like my first child was the best thing I ever did. Care for it, love it, be it.
8. NEVER SELL OUT THE TRUNK. DRIVE BUSINESS TO RETAIL OR ON-LINE: We know Master P made it cool to be a street hustler, and at times it is… But overall, you need visuals. You need people to see it at all times so online stores, plus physical stores where people can shop are always better.
9. ALWAYS STAY CONTROVERSIAL. KEEP HATERS AND SUPPORTERS TALKING: Some of our best sellers were things we know would simply make people talk. You get people talking and you can get in their wallets.
10. NO ENDORSEMENTS. ROCK WITH THE PEOPLE THAT LIKE WHAT YOU DO. MAKE THE SUPPORT NATURAL: Don’t send boxes of merch to rappers just cause. Actually build a relationships with the streets and the streets will build back. Support who supports you.